By the time you get to your pre-op consultation, you should already know a bit about the surgeon you have chosen for your plastic surgery. It is important that you have already spoken to the doctor’s office to know what is going to be covered under your insurance, and what portion of the bill you will be responsible for. At your consultation you should ask questions aimed at learning what to expect right before the surgery, during your procedure and during the healing process. Here are some great pre-op consultation questions to help you get your list going.
What to Know for Before and During Your Procedure
Before and during your procedure, it is important that you know what to expect. Being worried about the unexpected stresses out your body, and can make it harder for you to heal when all is said and done. Getting answers to the following questions should help you feel good about the surgeon and procedure you have opted for.
- Are there any choices I need to make? (e.g., size of implants, incision placement or how much fat to remove)
- How long will the surgery take?
- Will the person I brought with me be given regular updates about how I am doing?
- Will I have any recollection of the procedure when I wake up?
- Will my procedure require an overnight stay?
- Will I require medication aside from pain relief after surgery?
Important Questions to Ask About Recovery
Here are some very important questions to know about your recovery:
- Can I recover on my own or should I have someone staying with me right after my procedure? If I need someone around, how long should I ask them to stay?
- How much time will I have to take off from work?
- What precautions should I take during the first 24-48 hours, and the first week, following my procedure?
- What pain relievers are safe for me to take during recovery?
- What restrictions will I have once the procedure is over? (driving, eating, moving things, weight limit for lifting, etc.)
The Offices of Burt & Will Can Answer All of Your Questions and Help You Feel Comfortable
At Burt & Will Plastic Surgery and Laser Centre, you will be given the opportunity to ask all of your questions before the procedure begins. We will take the time to help you feel comfortable, and know what to expect, before, during, and after your procedure. Contact our plastic surgery office in Naperville today to get started by calling (630) 930-3555.