The day you are having plastic surgery, there is a lot going on. You want to make sure that you have everything ready to go prior to your procedure; that way, you can focus on feeling your best and healing as soon as the procedure is over. In order to keep the chaos to a minimum and make sure you go into your procedure fully prepared, the surgeons and staff at Burt & Will Plastic Surgery and Laser Centre recommend that you go over this day-of-plastic-surgery checklist prior to the day of your surgery.
Make Sure All of Your Questions Are Answered Prior to the Procedure
It is very important that you get all of your questions answered ahead of time. You want to make sure that you know:
- What the procedure will entail
- How long to expect recovery to take
- What you are allowed to do or not allowed to do before going under any anesthesia
- What type of restrictions you are going to have following the procedure
You should also make sure that you know precisely who to call if something feels “off” during your recovery, no matter what time of day or night it is.
Some Items Are Necessary to Bring with When Having Plastic Surgery
Here is a quick checklist of things you will need to make sure you have with you when you show up for your plastic surgery:
- Your paperwork all filled out
- Your insurance card and a photo ID of yourself
- Someone to drive you home once your appointment is complete, and potentially stay with you if the doctor recommends you not being alone for the first day or two
Make Sure Your Home is Stocked for Recovery
Before heading into plastic surgery, anything you are going to need during your recovery period should already be at home, or wherever you plan to be during your recovery. This can include things like:
- Extra over-the-counter pain relievers for when you do not need prescription pain pills
- Gauze and tape for your incisions
- Movies and books to choose from when you are lying down and taking it easy
Also, before you head in to have your plastic surgery performed, make sure you have filled the medications given to you by your doctor so you have them ready when you head home.
At Burt & Will, You Have Help Preparing for Your Plastic Surgery
By choosing Burt & Will Plastic Surgery and Laser Centre for you procedure, you benefit from the extensive experience of both our doctors and staff, who will assist you in getting ready for your plastic surgery. Give our Naperville plastic surgery center a call today at (630) 930-3555 to learn more.